Burritos are my #1 favorite food in the world. If I could eat nothing but burritos for the rest of my life, I’d be fat and so happy.
As a vegetarian with food allergies and a generally picky palette, I make the same burritos over and over: Black beans, Spanish rice, cheese and red sauce, served with sour cream.
Here’s my famous secret recipe to making burritos that are 100000000x better than Chipotle right in your own kitchen.
- Tortillas (I like Mission and Calidad brands)
- Black beans
- Spanish rice (Uncle Ben’s is fine if you don’t know how to make your own)
- Mexican cheese blend
- Las Palmas mild enchilada sauce
- Daisy sour cream
- Drain and rinse black beans. Set aside.
- Cook Spanish rice. Set aside.
- Pour Las Palmas enchilada sauce into a skillet on medium-high heat. Heat, stirring frequently. Do not allow the sauce to boil or it will separate. Once the sauce is hot, you can move it to low heat.
- Add tortilla to skillet on low heat. Add Mexican cheese blend (cheddar, jack, quesadilla, etc.) and spread out along tortilla. Cook unit cheese is melted and tortilla is brown, but not too crispy that you can’t roll it.
- Place tortilla on plate. Scoop black beans, rice and more cheese into middle. Roll up. Pour hot enchilada sauce on top. Garnish with cilantro and cold sour cream. Eat with fork and knife!