Bruschetta al Pomodoro is one of my go-to favorite appetizers. It’s a classic and a crowd-pleaser. Plus, it’s vegan and dairy-free so everyone can enjoy!
I’m a huge fan of caprese (tomato with fresh mozzarella), but every now and then it tastes good to omit the cheese and let the tomatoes do all the talking.
- 8 Roma or other medium-sized tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 loaf French or Italian bread
- Dice the tomatoes and place in medium-sized bowl. Add minced garlic and olive oil, stir.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Rip up basil leaves and add to bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let the flavors set.
- When ready to serve, slice up bread and toast on grill or in the oven. Top with bruschetta mixture, drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar and serve!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Yummy Mummy Kitchen