Ever since buying a bulk pack of Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips on Amazon, I’ve been obsessed with finding recipes to use them. These sweet, spicy little chips are incredible and give such a great “fall” flavor to everything you cook them with.
Applesauce is the main ingredient in this cake, making it sweet and moist and a delight. I like making a sheet cake as opposed to a bundt cake (although you can use a bundt cake pan too) because you can slice it into small squares and designate it a “snack cake.”
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips (10 oz package)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Preheat oven top 350 degrees. Grease a 13×9 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a stand mixer, beat butter and granulated sugar on medium speed until wet blended.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla. Mix in applesauce.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Stir in cinnamon chips. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once cake cools, stir together powdered sugar and warm water in a small bowl. Drizzle glaze over cake and let set.
- Serve room temperature or warm.