I have to admit, this Cinnamon Swirl Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is one of my favorite things I’ve ever baked. It’s incredibly unfortunate (or fortunate for my health, I guess) that this recipe delivers just one small loaf pan of pumpkin bread, as I could easily eat the entire pan’s worth in one sitting.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using butter, grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together pumpkin puree, 2 tablespoons flour, melted butter, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla until combined.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt. Mix until just combined.
4. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar with remaining 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
6. Spoon half the pumpkin batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, reserving 2 tablespoons of sugar for the top.
7. Add the remaining batter over the sugar. Use a butter knife to gently swirl the batter and sugar together.
8. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on top of the batter.
9. Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until the center is just set. Make sure not to burn the top of the loaf!
10. Remove from oven and let cool 30 minutes, then slice and serve!
Source: Half Baked Harvest