Cauliflower and chickpeas are both go-to vegan / vegetarian ingredients. But it’s not often you see them together!
These tacos use plenty of spices to jazz up the otherwise ordinary ingredients.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed, drained and patted dry
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Optional toppings: Shredded cabbage, sliced jalapeños, lime wedges, avocado, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, chickpeas and red onion. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with spices. Toss to evenly coat.
- Spread in even layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway through, until the chickpeas are crispy and the cauliflower is just tender. Remove from oven.
- Warm up tortillas on grill and fill with cauliflower / chickpea mixture. Add optional toppings. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Well Plated?