When going to a BBQ, picnic or other outdoor activity where food is involved, it is really best not to mess with dairy and eggs for food safety reasons. But potato salad is such a key part of BBQs!
That’s why I love this Lemon Vinaigrette Potato Salad. It’s vegan, so no eggs or dairy involved, and the lemon and oil still make for a rich and satisfying dressing.
- 2.5 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, diced
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, herbs, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add onion. Add dressing and toss to coat. Serve warm or chilled.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Taste of Home