Lemon and raspberry go so well together, and really invoke the flavors of summer. The lemon cookies are flaky and buttery, while the tart raspberry jam adds some tangy notes.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add powdered and granulated sugars, beating well.
- Add eggs, oil and lemon juice, beating until blended.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating well until blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cooking sheet. Press thumb in center of each cookie to make an indentation.
- Bake in batches for 9-11 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Once cool, spoon 1/2 teaspoon raspberry jam into each indentation.
Source: Southern Living