What goes better than sundried tomatoes and mozzarella? Pesto, for one. And some fresh asparagus and al dente pasta as well!
- 16 oz shell pasta (I used elbows)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup basil pesto
- 2/3 cup julienned sundried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- 1/2 cup diced mozzarella balls
- Salt and black pepper
- Reheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Place asparagus into a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Roast in oven for 8-12 minutes, or until tender but crisp.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, asparagus, sundried tomatoes and mozzarella. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Damn Delicious