Need a super-fast weeknight dinner? Whip up some Spaghetti Aglio e Olio. This dish quite literally means Spaghetti with Garlic and Olive Oil, and that’s all it is! No need to buy or make any elaborate sauces.
Adding breadcrumbs inserts even more flavor into the dish, and adds some texture.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Active time: 30 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 12 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarsely crushed fennel seeds
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente.
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add breadcrumbs and toast, stirring frequently. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the skillet, brown garlic over medium heat. Add crushed fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs. Let heat together until the flavors meld.
- Drain pasta, reserving cooking water. Toss the pasta with bread crumb mixture. Drizzle with olive oil. Add in pasta water if needed.
- Serve. Top with freshly grated Parmesan, if desired.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Platings + Pairings