This vegan sundried tomato pesto is so quick and easy to whip up. It’s absolutely delicious and I want to put it on everything! You can add to any kind of pasta or gnocchi, top crostini with it or use as a side for meat / meat substitutes.
I like it in a simple pasta!
- 1 pound pasta (I used penne lisce)
- 1 8.5 oz jar sundried tomatoes packed in oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/6 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (or Parmesan cheese, if not vegan)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Add sundried tomatoes and their oil, garlic, salt and basil in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- With the machine running, drizzle in the olive oil and process until smooth.
- Pulse in lemon juice and nutritional yeast or Parmesan cheese.
- Mix in with cooked pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese, if not vegan. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Platings + Pairings