This vegan sundried tomato pesto is so quick and easy to whip up. It’s absolutely delicious and I want to put it on everything! You can add to any kind of pasta or gnocchi, top crostini with it or use as a side for meat / meat substitutes.
I like it in a simple pasta!
- 1 pound pasta (I used penne lisce)
- 1 8.5 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/6 cup olive oil (if needed)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (or Parmesan cheese, if not vegan)
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Add sundried tomatoes and their oil, garlic and salt in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Pulse in lemon juice and nutritional yeast or Parmesan cheese. Add a drizzle of additional olive oil if the pesto is too thick.
- Mix in with cooked pasta. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Platings + Pairings