Who’s afraid of a little spice?? Well?I am, actually! But I love making these stuffed jalape’o peppers for guests, because they’re easy to make and a total hit. Plus, I love eating the filling out of them and discarding the peppers’shhh, don’t tell!
- 1/4 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 pound cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 12 jalape’o peppers, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 375. In a small bowl, combine the grated Cheddar cheese with the cream cheese and sour cream, and use a fork to mash and combine. Add the cilantro, salt and pepper, and mix again to combine.
2. Use a knife to split the peppers down the center, and dispose of the seeds and ribs. Rub lightly with oil, and place on a roasting pan.
3. Spoon the cheese mixture into each of the jalape’os. Gently press the cheese mixture into the peppers. Roast until the peppers have softened and the cheese has just started to bubble, approximately 15 minutes. Finish over the grill, if you like.
Source: New York Times