Regular readers of my blog know I’m full of caprese recipes! Give me some salty mozzarella, fresh tomatoes and basil and I will whip up something delicious.
Up next, caprese pasta salad!
Prep time: 20 min // Cook time: 15 min // Total time: 35 min
- 16 oz pasta shells (I used orecchiette but honestly didn’t like the way they clumped together. I’d suggest rotini)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 24 oz bocconcini (mozzarella balls)
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, bocconcini, olive oil, garlic, 2 tablespoons basil, oregano, salt and black pepper. Stir well and set aside 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with tomato and mozzarella mixture. Add 2 more tablespoons of basil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm, or refrigerate until cold.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Two Peas and Their Pod.