Ricotta is one of my top 5 favorite ingredients. I love how it makes any pasta dish superbly creamy and gourmet, even a simple tomato linguine.
Prep time: 20 min // Cook time: 20 min // Total time: 40 min
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 pound cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook linguine until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta water. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saut? pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes and saut? until soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Add garlic clad toss. Saut? 2 minutes.
- Transfer cooked pasta to the pan. Add 1/2 cup reserved pasta water and salt. Toss.
- Add ricotta and toss. If necessary, add another 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup pasta water. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Cooking for Keeps.