This Black Bean and Corn Salsa is my absolute favorite recipe. Why? Because it is so versatile.
It is great as a dipping salsa for fresh tortilla chips. It’s great to add on top of nachos – just add to tortilla chips and shredded cheese and melt in the oven. It’s also my favorite quesadilla ingredient. Just add tortillas and shredded cheese and warm on the skillet’perfection.
What would you pair this Black Bean and Corn Salsa with?
- 5 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped (from 1 medium red bell pepper)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup red onion, chopped (from 1 small onion)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1 small jalapeño, chopped and unseeded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat cast-iron skillet over medium-high until hot. Add corn and oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until corn is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin. Stir and remove from heat.
- Stir in bell pepper and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add beans, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalape’o and salt. Toss to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve.
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Southern Living.