I’m reluctant to share this recipe, since it’s my go-to dish for a “special” dinner. I’ve been working on it for a while, and I DO believe that I have the perfect ratios of all ingredients in this Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta – from the sun-dried tomatoes to the heavy cream and white wine.
But that’s how much I love you, dear readers: I’m spilling the beans right here.
Try out this dish and let me know if your dinner guests are as “wowed” as mine usually are when I serve this up!
- 1 pound pasta (you can use any shape, from penne to fusilli to ziti)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Up to 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat a Dutch Oven over medium heat. Use a bit of the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes to sauté the garlic, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sun-dried tomatoes to the pot and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the wine. Stir and reduce.
- Once reduced, add the cream and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the sauce is complete, stir in the cooked and drained pasta. Mix in the Parmesan, adding reserved pasta water as needed to fully coat the noodles.
- Serve and enjoy! This dish is also AMAZING reheated for lunch the next day.