Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Roasted Tomatoes go together like two peas in a pod. Add in some broccoli and Parmesan and you’ve got a delicious summer meal.
- 1 pound pasta shape (here I used farfalle)
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups broccoli florets (about 3 heads)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss cherry tomatoes with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add to baking sheet and roast 20-25 minutes, until skins are wilting and juices are releasing.
- Meanwhile, bring a heavily salted pot of water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, steam broccoli florets in microwave; drain and set aside.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Add shallot, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Saute for 2 minutes until soften. Saute garlic an additional minute.
- Add steamed broccoli florets, vegetable broth and white wine. Cook an additional 2-5 minutes, until broccoli is fork-tender.
- Mix together sun-dried tomatoes, cooked pasta and roasted tomatoes with their juices. Add in lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Munchmeals by Janet