Truffles are easier to make than you may think, and boy are they delicious! These Oreo truffles are a crowd-pleaser, and they’re surprisingly easy to decorate (I’m a great baker and a notoriously terrible decorator).
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 16 oz white candy melts
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Candy eyeballs
- Red decorator gel, in a tube
1. Crush Oreo cookies in a food processor until pulverized into small crumbs. Pour into a bowl.
2. Add softened cream cheese and stir until combined.
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Shape cookie mix into 1” balls and place on cookie sheets. Freeze for 10 minutes.
4. When truffles have hardened in freezer, melt white candy melts in a bowl. Heat according to package instructions – If no instructions, the best rule of thumb is to microwave at 30-second intervals so as to not burn the candy melts.
5. Stir in coconut oil to make it easier to coat the truffles with. Add as little or as much to make the candy melts thin but not too thin.
6. Dip truffle balls in white candy melts. Place on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet, then add candy eyeball to each truffle.
7. Once the candy melts have hardened, add the squiggly red lines using the red decorator gel. Refrigerate another hour for the truffles to set.
8. Serve! (Reminder, these truffles contain cream cheese and have not been baked. They need to be stored in the refrigerator).
Source: Adapted from a recipe by Mom Loves Baking