Readers of my blog will know that many of my recipes include sweet peas and lemon. Now, I’m adding fresh mozzarella into the mix for a truly decadent vegetarian dish.
- 1 pound fresh or frozen green peas
- 1 pound pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, sliced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Fresh mozzarella
Salt and black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente.
- Meanwhile, steam peas in microwave with water. Drain and set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic, shallot and red pepper flakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the butter and cook for 1 minute more. Add the peas and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from heat.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the skillet with the peas. Stir together. Add Parmesan cheese, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Plate pasta. Break mozzarella up into small pieces and add to top of pasta. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Adapted from a recipe by What’s Gaby Cooking