This is one of my absolute favorite meals. It’s delicious, fresh and indulgent. I’ve adapted this recipe for 2 different moods: Light & Crisp for healthier days, and Creamy & Decadent for those foodie days.
This version is Creamy & Decadent. No amount of cream, wine or Parmesan is too much, whether you want the pasta just coated or dripping with sauce.
For the Light & Crisp version of this recipe, click HERE.
- 1 pound casarecce, penne or other short pasta
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds broccolini, roughly chopped OR 1 pound broccoli (4 crowns), chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli with water for about 6 minutes, until softened but still crisp.
- In a large skillet, melt olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in steamed broccoli, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add in white wine and cook until broccoli is desired level of tender.
- Stir in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Add in the Parmesan cheese and remove from heat.
- Stir in cooked, drained pasta and mix well. Serve with freshly ground black pepper.