This is one of my absolute favorite meals. It’s delicious, fresh and indulgent. I’ve adapted this recipe for 2 different moods: Light & Crisp for healthier days, and Creamy & Decadent for those foodie days.
This version is Light & Crisp. Cook the pasta until al dente and keep the broccoli crisp. The sauce will be light and just enough to coat the noodles.
For the decadent version of this recipe, click HERE.
- 1 pound casarecce, penne or other short pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds broccolini, roughly chopped OR 1 pound broccoli (4 crowns), chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli with water for about 6 minutes, until softened but still crisp.
- In a large skillet, melt olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add in steamed broccoli, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add in white wine and cook until broccoli is desired level of tender.
- Stir in heavy cream and bring to a simmer. Add in the Parmesan cheese and remove from heat.
- Stir in cooked, drained pasta and mix well. Serve with freshly ground black pepper.